Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year Resolution

Now that I have been well and truly been bitten by Reality, I have made peace with my ho-hum, high-paying but zero satisfaction job which spells Daily Drudgery with a Capital D
Anyway, I will keep the crib-chorus down to the minimum, since DD pays my bills and EMI - this is the only cheer I can honestly ascribe to DD, which is quite pathetic, since I spend an astounding 2880 hours per annum on it!
I therefore, intend to spend whatever precious time remains this year on the things that will give me unadulterated pleasure - such as learning to play the violin, watching a Kathakali performance live, travelling to Madhya Pradesh and Tamilnadu, knitting a woolly dove-grey scarf, learning to cook a full-course appetising Mallu meal, begin research on Indian History....Whew! that's quite a list.
I am waiting to take stock of how far I get with it!

2 comments:

  1. What an honest, reflective account with just a hint of sadness! I can relate to your list of hopes: my own wouldn't be too different. Hope you'll be able to do it all, and I'll see that scarf sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pramshanks,

    Amen to that!! :)

    -Laksh

    ReplyDelete