Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I watched "3 Idiots" today - for the second time - with Amma...
It was a particulary emotional cinematic moment and there was not a dry eye in the packed hall - when this little girl sitting next to me, munching on popcorn, whilst seated on her dad's lap, suddenly turned her head and watched me wiping my streaming eyes...
In an instant, before a frank, appraising 'infant' gaze, my 'adult' guard went up and I pulled myself together. I looked around to see who else was watching.
Afraid to wear my emotions and vulnerability on my sleeve - something I discovered about 'me' today.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my watching 'Taare Zamin Par', and crying buckets. The whole family was on an eye-watering spree. Amongst all the people I know, there was only one wodden soul that sat through the movie dry-eyed.

    ReplyDelete